Saturday, September 14, 2013

Rigging the hunt

I LOVE snap peas.  The only problem is that often it takes a long time for me to harvest enough for dinner because I can't find the little buggers.  They are so well camoflouged that it takes a good eye to distinguish them from the leaves.  I found a solution.  Purple (well, the packet calls them blue, but I think they are purple) peas!  The flowers are beautiful, and it is obvious where the silly peas are! And they taste good too!  The variety I found is called Blue Podded Blauwschokkers Garden pea.  I planted them in Late July so that I would have a autumn harvest. Often I don't plant peas for the autumn.  By the time June rolls around, I have eaten so many I am sick of them, but this year was all about moderation, so now I am a very happy pea eater!  Stir fry for dinner!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment