Monday, September 16, 2013

Apple Cake

5 ingredients.
21 minutes to prep (and that included peeling the apples)
4 small perfect amazing loaves of apple cake.

This weekend, I found a recipe that blew my mind.  I experimented with it,  and now have to share it.  Here is my original source. (See students?  I am citing it!)



Ingredients:
apples
equal parts:
      Eggs
      Flour
      Sugar
*Optional- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Then, take a mason jar or coffee mug or pint glass, or shot glass, it all depends on how much cake you would like to eat and share.

Fill vessel with eggs
dump eggs into bowl
fill vessel with sugar
dump into bowl
Whisk together, to make yellowy gew.  Whisk to make bubbles form on top.
Fill vessel with flour.  Add to yellow gew.

Mix and add as much cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice as you like.

Peel and core and chop apples.  Or just chop apples.  This is a perfect recipe for imperfect apples because it uses up the ones that won't keep. 

Put them into your baking pan.  I don't think it matters what baking pan you use.  You can use the silicone loaf pans I used, or you could use an old world war 2 helmet.

Add your batter.

Bake until you can smell apples in your living room. (For me, it took about an hour and 15 minutes but if your pans were more shallow, less time, more shallow, more time.)

I had a fantastic teacher once that told me to bake things until they were done.  When you can smell them, they are done.  I almost never set a timer anymore.

Share with friends and neighbors for good Karma.


My mind is blown.
My world is better.
My apples are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment