Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pear and Lavendar jam

Pear and Lavender Thumb Print cookies!

My word, I am proud of myself.  I had 2 pears that were just about to die a slow death in the refrige, and some lavender in the garden, so I am thinking of ways to use them.  Here was my solution:

Begin with Lavender sugar:

Cup (or really, any measurement) of suger
6 or 7 lavender flowers - depending on how strong you like your flowers.  Remove as much of he stem as possible.

Process these together in a magic bullet, blender, or food processor. The smell is HEAVENLY!

Mix sugar in equal parts with pears on the stove top.  I used an immersion blender to help break down the pears more quickly, but I guess you could simmer until the pears are mushy pulp.

Then I used this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/thumbprint-cookies-i/

... but I had no wallnuts so I substituted Almond flour.

And I had some other jams that needed to be used up.

and VOILA!  Here is my creation!



 PS.  Parchment paper is your friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment